Edinburgh is one of the oldest universities in the UK. Founded in 1583, it continues to develop its reputation as a world leader for teaching and research.
Most people have heard of Dolly the sheep but did you know it was a Department of Edinburgh University that set up the research?
- The University of Edinburgh has a great location in Scotland's capital city
- Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe
- The most recent research assessment awarded the University of Edinburgh 5 or 5* ratings in 25 subject areas
- There is a substantial, thriving undergraduate programme and a number of very successful specialist masters
- University of Edinburgh sits 11th in the Times Good University Guide and joint 33rd Shanghai Jiao Tong University rankings
- The University of Edinburgh's Sir Gordon & Lady Ivy Wu Scholarship was set up in 2004 and is awarded annually to a Chinese citizen who is normally resident in Hong Kong SAR and is available to a student who has been accepted at the University of Edinburgh to study on a one-year full-time Master's programme in any subject area. The value of the award is £15,000 and is tenable for one year
Why not join the university that has had a Charles Darwin as a student?
For the testimonial from the University of Edinburgh's representative , please click here.
To find out more about University of Edinburgh and its entry requirements, please contact us here.