The University of Strathclyde is in Glasgow, which is Scotland's largest city. It was founded in 1796 and its close proximity to Glasgow's other universities and colleges gives the Strathclyde its vibrant student edge. It is proud of its reputation as a friendly university welcoming a diverse range of students with almost 10% of students being from overseas. Glasgow itself has the largest shopping centre outside London; it has its own international airport and has been labelled the 'Sound City of Scotland'.
Why choose University of Strathclyde?
• The University of Strathclyde Business School is one of the largest in Europe. Courses of interest range from Technology Entrepreneurship to Personnel Management to Environmental Studies.
• The MBA was ranked in the 30th by the Financial Times in 2008
• University of Strathclyde's biotechnology courses are world renowned
• Subjects allied to Medicine, Pharmacy and Mechanical Engineering are all in the top ten for the subject area
• Strathclyde has its own Campus Village, right in the heart of the Glasgow. Over 1,440 students live there and 500 more live in university accommodation within close walking distance, much of it in the fashionable Merchant City
• University of Strathclyde international students who require a visa (Entry Clearance) to come to the UK and graduate from a Scottish university with an undergraduate degree, Masters degree or PhD, can apply to this scheme for a 24 month extension of their visa, in order to find work in Scotland.
To find out more about University of Strathclyde and its entry requirements, please contact us here.