- Newcastle College is the largest Further and Higher Education College in the UK, with a total of over 44,000 students, 6,000 full-time. Its international students come from 40 different countries world-wide.
- The College is investing millions of pounds creating a wonderful study environment. In November 2004, the college opened its £21 million Music and Performing Arts Centre - the biggest and most modern in the FE sector in the UK.
- According to the UK government OFSTED report (April 2004) Newcastle College is the best performing general FE/HE college in the UK, achieving 'outstanding' grades in most departments, including Art and Design and English Language (EFL).
- The English School has also been awarded the prestigious Beacon Award for Quality. International students from all over the world are taking English courses - IELTS, Cambridge exams, Pre-sessional (Degree and Masters preparation) and Summer Schools in our large award winning English department.
- It has links with both universities in Newcastle - Northumbria University and Newcastle University as well as the University of Sunderland. Many students successfully go on to degree courses at each of these prestigious universities.
To find out more about Newcastle College and its entry requirements, please contact us here.