Teesside University is dynamic, energetic and innovative. Teesside is growing and inspiring others to do the same.
• University of the Year - the first modern university to win the Times Higher award.
• Founded on a rich past - 80 years of innovation in education.
• One of the top UK universities for widening participation in higher education.
• Tees Valley is one of the country's best kept secrets. Teesside got top surf, a national park on the doorstep plus unique shopping and culture, bars and famous clubs.
• Investment - £120m on friendly town campus at the heart of Middlesbrough.
• Students love it - 84% of the degree students are happy with their course - 60% on courses in academic areas where teaching provision has been rated excellent.
• Research active - with an international reputation for excellence in enterprise.
• The alumni have gone on to great things - opera singer Suzannah Clarke; Marek Reichman, Design Director for Aston Martin; Deborah Dyer (singer, Skin); Roger Shannon, Cannes award-winning film producer.
Why choose Teesside?
Excellent careers. 83.4% full-time First Degree leavers were in work or further study. (2008-09 Higher Education Statistics Agency)
Fantastic facilities. The library resources are one of the top ten best in the country among all universities in the UK and number one in the North East. (National Student Survey 2010).
It's worth it. A first degree at Teesside is worth on average £157,000 extra in lifetime earnings, a HND £103,742 and a postgraduate degree £117,300. (Economic impact study, PricewaterhouseCoopers)
It's affordable. Our international scholarship is worth £1,500 a year to individual full fee paying students not sponsored by their employer or government (available as a fee reduction). If you progress to a master's degree here you receive a bursary of £1,000. Pay fees in full on or before enrolment and get a further 5% discount.
A great place to live. Tees Valley is a fantastic place to live with coast and countryside on the doorstep. If you like shopping you’ll love the results of a multimillion-pound spend in Middlesbrough centre. The hub of student night life is our award-winning Students’ Union. And the town boasts pub, clubs, comedy and music venues to suit all tastes.
To find out more about University of Teesside and its entry requirements, please contact us here.